Sunday, February 21, 2016

All of the February

February is going by fast.
I think that the more things I agreed to do, the quicker the time goes (probably because there's just less time in general to get everything done).
Everyday things I've been doing- school, grading, lesson planning, teaching dance, trying to keep my house clean and cats entertained, and hanging out with my guy on the weekends.
Extra cool things I've been doing:
My office hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays finish at 1 pm, so on my way home from work, I stop at Cross Country ski trail that's about 3 minutes from work to get a 5-7K classic ski in.

It's a great time for me to get outside, wind down a bit, and get a tiny bit of cardio.  I'm officially in the get-rid-of-winter-chubbs mode with climbing training starting again and a trip to Florida in a couple of months.  I'm going to try to start upping my climbing time from zero times a week (had a bit of a break there when there was so much dance going on) to 3-4 times a week.  I have lofty goals for this summer, and I need to be in shape to pull them off!
P took home the win on Valentine's Day this year.  He kept his plan for our dinner out a surprise until I walked in the restaurant.  Turns out he made reservations at a local amazing seafood place in the cities, and he pre-ordered us a 4 course lobster meal with a bottle of wine.

Major win and points for this guy.  We ended up getting a little room all to ourselves, and I felt really happy and spoiled!
That same weekend, I met a bunch of amazing dancers from my studio to see the touring Broadway production of Newsies!

This is quite possibly one of my favorite musicals ever, which I think says a lot for how much fun and how awesome it is. :) I have to admit, though- one of the reasons that I enjoyed it so much was because I was surrounded by this group of lovely ladies that were also excited to see it:

It's so cool to share my excitement for seeing this show with all these girls, especially since most of the them danced one of the songs a few years ago as one of my tap dances!  Seeing the show got me all excited about it again, and made me think about my possible dances for next year... :)
Next weekend is the Duluth Ice and Mixed Climbing Festival, so I'm working with the Duluth Climber's Coalition the rest of this week to get that ready on top of getting back to dance after a week (sort of) off.
Lots of awesomeness going on, and (once in awhile), I even have time to catch my breath... ;)

No comments: