Saturday, January 2, 2016

FO: Snowflake Paws

The New Year has been rung in and I'm really excited to make 2016 fun, exciting, productive, and adventurous!  
Before I get into exactly what that entails as far as my 2016 plans are concerned, I need to finish off the year with a FO that I (finally!) gave to the recipient for a Christmas present.  My roommate has been slyly hinting at getting a pair of mittens in the several years that we've been friends, and now that we're actually living together, it was time that I make her a pair of Snowflake Paws!
Pattern: Kate Davies' Snawpaws (link to Ravelry page)
Yarn: Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift in Granite and Gentian
Needles: DPN's size 1 in bamboo
Timeframe: I accidentally forgot to put in Ravelry when I started, but I know it was super late, so I'm tentatively saying December 1-28th, 2015.  We gifted things to each other late, so finishing them after Xmas was okay... :)

Mods: Alex has small hands, so I eliminated the last repeat of snowflakes to make them shorter.  I also didn't go up a needle size as the pattern suggests, and only stuck with size 1's the whole time.  If I were to make these again, I would probably lengthen the cuffs, but that's mostly personal preference.
Worst Part: Not much, honestly.  It was a great small project, easy enough to follow and memorize that I could do it while chatting with friends, and I love the way it turned out.  Yarn was a little scratchy for my personal taste, but I think Alex likes them, so that's what matters!
Best Part: I love the way this wool looks and works with colorwork.  Again, a bit scratchy for my taste, but I could be persuaded into making some mittens for myself with it...
(They look really nice when cross-country skiing...)
I have a few Works In Progress that I need to get working on and get out of my queue, because there's so many pretty things to make this year... :)

No comments: