Tuesday, September 8, 2015

FO: Camping Socks

My August Adventures have concluded for now, and it's back to school and work (and next week- dance!) for at least a month or so for me.  That's not to say I'm going to stop doing all of my activities- if anything, I feel like I barely have time to sit down and relax, between school, dance, training for climbing, diving, and hanging out with friends (one last wedding this weekend!).  It's okay, though- I need to be busy right now.  I'm good at busy. :)
I'll wrap up my August Adventures in another post, but for today, I want to share an FO that I had originally finished at the end of my climbing trip to Colorado.  Unfortunately, the Chubbs-monster got her little face in it and... well, you probably know the rest of the story.

Yep.
Not surprised.
I ended up finishing these camping socks right at the end of August, and I'm excited to wear them to keep my toes cozy when I go climbing up the shore this fall!

Pattern: Climb by Jane Richmond (I own her incredible book Journey, and can't wait to make more patterns from it!)
Yarn: Wildefoote Sock Yarn in gray, red, and cream-white

Needles: Size 2 DPN (I used bamboo)
Timeframe: May 18th-August 25th
Mods: Only a small one- Increased 2 stitches about every inch or so above the heel (only 3 times, so 9 stitches total increase) to take into account my big tap-dancer calves).

Worst Part: Leaving them out for five minutes- which is all it took for the kitten-monster to destroy them.
Best Part: I love the heel on these!  I might use this heel when doing toe-up from now on.

1 comment:

The Jabba said...

Very cute! I might have to make a pair of these for winter camping/climbing trips.