Sunday, March 15, 2015

FO: Adama Cowl

Sorry for the lack of posts since I finished the hat- it was the crazy midterm week before spring break, plus the last week of practice before the first dance competition of the year!  Today is my first full day off in just over two weeks, and I can't even begin to tell you how nice it will be to get some chores done, go out to lunch with my guy, and relax at night a little. :)
Just because I've been busy doesn't mean I haven't been knitting.  In fact, I finished my Adama Cowl on Friday during my Faculty Development Day for school.  I finished it just in time for Malabrigo March, and I'm super excited for it- it's gorgeous!

Pattern: Adama by Hilary Smith Callis (link goes to pattern Ravelry page)
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn's Rios, in colorway Lavana
Needles: Size 7 circular bamboo

Timeframe: December 26th, 2014, to March 13th, 2015.  Not bad!
MODS: None, minus the fact that I messed up the stitch count in the lace during the first two lace panels.  Oh well... :)
Worst Part: Nothing, really.  It was a quick knit (when I actually worked on it), so I guess I could have been done sooner.
Best Part: Definitely the yarn.  Malabrigo is delicious in SO MANY WAYS. :)

I was so excited about finishing this project that I wore it during the first dance competition of the year yesterday!

(Two of my tap solo ladies!)
It doesn't really need blocking, and it was the perfect thing to wear over a Tshirt to dress up just a teeny bit and look like a respectable dance teacher.  I'm usually one of the more casual teachers when dressing up at competitions, mostly because we're running around and fixing hair and hairspraying and it's generally a 10-hour day, so I want to be comfortable.  A hand-knit cowl is the perfect way to look a little bit nicer. :)  Plus, the purple ensemble matched the costumes for my oldest group!!

(My lovely duet ladies- Russian versions of Rosie the Riveter!)
The competition yesterday went well- my dances received a lot of 1st and 2nd places in their categories, and it was good for the dancers to get their first "performance" out of the way.  I'm already excited for our next competition next weekend!

(Moments like these are totally normal when you're a dance teacher...)

(My rag-tag orphans for "Hard-Knocked Life"- SO EXCITED for this dance!)

(My amazing senior ladies!  They wowed the crowd with their crazy energy!)
It was an amazing, whirlwind, long day, but it was exhilarating to see the dances we've been working so hard on all year finally up on a stage!
This morning is definitely more quiet, but I'm happy for a teeny bit of down time.  For (just) today, I'm going to finish my morning with a cup of coffee, a library book, and a kitten snuggled on my lap.
It's good to have a day off once in awhile. :)

No comments: