Thursday, January 1, 2015

Moving is a Pain

Christmas was really nice this year.  I was grading and entering grades right up until the 24th of December, and then Scott and I shot north to finally unwind for a couple of days in northern MN.

It was great- cold but gorgeous, lots of good times, laughs, awesome people, great food...
and at least one 12K cross-country ski trek!  I'm firmly committed to getting in to this sport. :)
We came back on Saturday, went almost straight to the UHaul store, and spent the entire weekend schlepping all our crap to our brand-new place!  I'm more than a little excited- we're still renting, but we're renting from awesome people, and we're renting an entire house!  No more apartments or duplexes for us!
The last few days I've been getting all the last bits moved and spending hours cleaning the heck out of the old apartment.

Literally hours of cleaning, scrubbing, sweeping, steam cleaning, and doing all I can to make sure that we get our full deposit back, which we successfully did!  We did our final loads last night around 6 pm, and were so tired that we watched a couple episodes of Fargo, clinked our toast around 9, and were in bed and zonked by 10:30.  A bit lame for New Year's Eve, but after the days we had, it was welcome relief to get a full night's sleep and just relax a little.

Today we finally had time together to begin to unpack the place and put it to rights.  I built our new bedframe from Ikea, and I'm already making a shopping list for when I make a trip down there next week.
This weekend is my friend Celeste's wedding, and hopefully I'll have internet hooked up at our new place early next week (hopefully!).  I apologize for the lack of posts lately, but no internet makes it difficult. :)
I'll do my 2014 recap and 2015 hopes in the next couple of posts- I'm really excited for the year to come, in so many ways!!!
Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: