Saturday, August 30, 2014

Back to School & FO: Pangolin Cowl

I've wrapped up my first week back at school, and it feels both overwhelming and good at the same time.

Despite the fact that I had a weekend before school actually started, I still felt a little discombobulated jumping straight into classes full time Mon-Fri (hence the lack of posts).  Luckily, I have a 3-day weekend with Labor Day, and it's going to be full of knitting, organizing, and (hopefully) a pumpkin latte. :)
One thing I did get done this week was some blocking!

It turned nice and sunny mid-week, so I took advantage of it and spread both my sweater and a cowl out on the back porch.  I finished the Pangolin Cowl during my duty days last week, and it's been slipped into the secret Christmas knitting box for a special recipient (after some quick photos, of course)!

Pattern: Pangolin Cowl by Bobbi Intveld (link to Ravelry pattern page)
Yarn: Done Roving Yarns Frolicking Feet DK in Raspberry
Needles: Bamboo DNP size 7
Timeframe: April 17th-August 22nd

Worst Part: Probably that it took as long as it did.  I kept throwing it in to a drawer and doing other knitting.  Otherwise, this would have probably only taken a couple of weeks.
Best Part: That this yarn, which was originally meant to be used in a pair of mittens, had a pattern that works really well as a back up.  I think the recipient will really like it!

Besides the cowl, I finished another Christmas project today, and it's blocking on my back porch between the scattered showers lingering around.  Tomorrow I plan on sewing the buttons on my Ombre Cardigan, and possibly even casting on for another Christmas project.
This weekend, I'm determined to go from overwhelmed and disorganized to cleaning, finishing stuff up, and getting back on top of things.
YES- it's going to happen! :)

No comments: