Friday, January 17, 2014

Dance, Yoga, and the Dude

It's been a pretty busy week for me!  It was my first week back to school at LSC, and my first week back to dance as classes were cancelled last week due to cold.

It was fantastic to get back to the dance studio, see my students, and finally tap and do ballet again.  I loved waking up sore the next day from time steps and arabesques!

I also started going back to hot yoga down at Evolve Duluth Studio three times a week.  It's been painful, tiring, and amazing to get back in to yoga.  I feel like I haven't truly stretched in a long time, and the atmosphere at this particular studio is fantastic.  I always leave feeling relaxed and full of positive energy.  To help supplement my practice, I'm reading the book Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar.  It gives in-depth descriptions on each pose, including body position and even visualization techniques.  Between years of climbing and dance, visualization and exact body position is big for me, so reading a break down of the steps is fantastic!

I've been doing a fair amount of knitting as well!  I finally picked up the Dude Sweater again, finishing the left front side and starting the right front.  I'm determined to finish this either by the end of January or the beginning of February.  Ideally I want to get it done before the 2014 Ravellenic Games on Ravelry!  I haven't even thought about what project I'll do yet for the games, but I'm excited to start planning in the next couple of weeks.

Besides the Dude, I'm finishing up a couple of straggle-projects, such as a Cowl for my climbing friend Valerie as a belated wedding present and a belated birthday hat for Scott's brother Bradlee (yes, I realize I said the word 'belated' twice there... oops).  The hat just needs to be blocked and the cowl shouldn't take more than a couple hours to finish, so it'll hopefully be a quick finish for both!
This weekend I have tons of apartment projects and cleaning to get done, as well as doing more choreographing and grading, but I'm excited to relax a little bit and perhaps peruse the Ravelry projects pages to find the perfect project for the games.
Time to start dreaming... :)

No comments: