Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Training and Bok Choy and Tofu Stir Fry

I was hoping to have some cool pics from climbing the last couple of days, but every time I wake up, it's raining on and off all day.  Super lame.  Especially since I got this in the mail yesterday:

a brand new Asana climbing pad (and chalk pot with cupcakes on it)!  I'm on a plateau right now, right around 5.11, and reading up on training for harder climbing all points to bouldering and campus board training as the way to push into the higher grades.  Today I'll be heading down for actual training at the climbing gym, since it's still raining- not just climbing.  Hopefully this will help!
Besides climbing, I've been trying out a ton of different types of yoga classes at my local studio (evolve duluth- awesome place!) and biking all over town.  I want to be in as good of shape as possible before next week, when Dance camp and my summer classes officially start down at my dance studio!

I'm teaching tap classes, a musical theater class, and a pointe class.  Super excited to get back in the studio- I can always tell when I haven't danced for awhile- it's such a good creative outlet, both through choreography and simply dancing.
Lunch yesterday was Bok Choy and Tofu Stir Fry- I had a basic bok choy recipe to go off of, and a ton of fresh bok choy and other greens from a friend's garden, so it seemed like the perfect chance to use it!
I cut the tofu up into blocks, cooked them about five minutes per side in some vegetable oil, then put them on some paper towels to soak up the extra oil.  I added a little more veggie oil to the pan and stir-fried some chopped-up garlic, the bok choy (just roughly cut up), and a handful of other "tougher" greens that needed to be cooked to be eaten.  Those only take a few minutes to cook before I added some teriyaki sauce for the greens to soak up, then added the tofu back in, and let it cook in for a couple of minutes.
BAM!

Done and delicious.  A few more greens would have been nice, but this worked for a quick one-person meal. :)

No comments: