Saturday, May 4, 2013

And... wait- MORE snow...

Sorry for the long wait between posts!  I meant to do more updating, but the first couple days after getting the transfusion I was still pretty wonky.  I'm definitely much better now- I have color in my cheeks, I can go up stairs without getting too winded, and I'm excited to go in on Monday and see what the docs have to say.  Due to the stitches in my back, I was told not to do anything to aggravate them (including sit-ups, push-ups, etc), and climbing right now is a big no-no as the area heals.  I'll get more info on Monday for how it's doing, and the stitches come out next week on Friday (HUZZAH)!
You'd think that I'd be going slightly crazy without my normal regiment of exercise, but I definitely have a lot to do besides that.

Oh yes, it's that time of year.  This weekend, I'm finishing a round of grading from papers turned in last week, plus grading my Composition II students on their research presentations they did last week.  Normally at this time of year, being inside grading is difficult- watching the sun, hoping to feel the warm weather, maybe grading out on my back porch...

Not this year.  It snowed yesterday on and off all day, and when I woke up this morning, there was at least an inch of snow on the ground (luckily the sleet/rain mixture is sort of melting it now).

Super lame!  It's supposed to stay in the 30's all day today, and slightly warm up tomorrow before (hopefully) rocketing up to 60 on Monday.  I can't remember the last time I had a spring this cold.  Part of me is kind of thankful that during a time when I'm limited on the amount of outdoor activity I can do, it's crappy out anyway.  But the truth is we haven't really had more than a handful of non-crappy days.  I'm really hoping it turns around after finals week, or the start of my summer is going to be pretty grim.
I'm chugging along more on the Dude Sweater, but it's at the boring point where the pictures start to look the same, so I'll wait until I'm done done DONE with the back section- GETTING CLOSE!  Once my students turn in their final papers next Thursday, I'm going to be drowning in grading, so besides dance, I'll hopefully get as much of the back done as possible while it's still crappy outside and I'm not swamped with final papers and exams.
Oh- and I'm starting to get really unsure about the Grandma's half marathon- considering that the one run I went out on before I learned I was anemic, I made it about three blocks before I felt like I was going to pass out.  Can one train for a half-marathon in a month and a half from pretty low-cardio shape? Or should I forego this one and sign up for Whistlestop instead?  I believe they have a 10K... even though my goal is a half-marathon.  I'm not sure.  After Monday I'll know more about what I'm dealing with as an obstacle, so I can go from there.
If I do Grandma's, it sure won't be a pretty run, that's for certain...

No comments: