Monday, February 4, 2013

Wait for It...

Yesterday was incredibly productive.
I got to have burritos for breakfast with my brother and his friends...

followed by grading that was supervised by kittens...

and a good burn session at the climbing gym in the afternoon, where I began to work the hardest routes from the climbing competition on Saturday and actually get up them.  Scott and I stopped by Old Chicago to grab some pizza rolls and watch the beginning of the Superbowl before heading home, where I put in CSI and kept going and going on the border until... all of the sudden... the snowflake shawl was off the needles.
I did one more episode to weave in the large amount of ends dangling from the back of the shawl, and then this morning..
Oh my goodness...
Nobody move...

The Snowflake Shawl is done.
It may need a blocking (it's pretty nice without it), but this morning I threw it around my shoulders, danced around the apartment, and watched the sun grab the sparkling yarn I used for the border while I laughed in pure happiness at completing such a crazy project.
I can't wait to see Kim's face when I give it to her...
(Project page with full photos up soon!)

No comments: