Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Book of Mormon Weekend

It was a busy weekend over here.
Sunday morning found Scott and I in the car, heading down to the cities to enjoy his birthday present for the year- tickets to see "The Book of Mormon" at the Orpheum!

It was a great musical to introduce Scott to the world of musicals- raunchy humor from the South Park creators- yet it was so full of singing and dance numbers that I was also completely psyched.

(This is the scene that greeted us as we entered the theater.)
We definitely were laughing the majority of the show, and I have hope that I can trick talk Scott into seeing more musicals... ;)
We didn't head back north until the next morning, since neither of us had school or work for President's Day.  I got to see some old family friends, and (finally!) present Kim with her snowflake shawl.  She loved it, and promised to keep it away from her kitty, Eddie.  After a delicious lunch, we headed to the VE in Minneapolis to give their walls a try. It was great- 2 1/2 hours of hard climbing, mostly on lead, and on all new stuff!
Yesterday and today are back to reality.  I have a ton of grading to catch up on, chores to do, and dancing to choreograph.
I did leave time for some knitting, getting a few stripes in on the baby hat during the long car ride:

and chugging along with the Dude Sweater.  I'd say I'm over 1/3 done with the back section, and still going strong.

It's amazing how fast something knits up when it's huge yarn with huge needles.
I do have another knitting project that's in the works for a "fun" reason, but that'll be for another day. :)

No comments: