Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bumbling Along

It's been a pretty hectic week as yet another performance weekend creeps up on me for dance.  I absolutely love my girls, and love teaching dance, but I'm going to breathe a big sigh of relief once all the comps and performances wrap up for the year.  Going straight from the climbing gym to hours of dance has worn on me.
Worst of all, I've barely had time for knitting!

I was able to work a little on Sarah's beret on the drive up to Palisade last Sunday, but nothing since.  Sarah also told me she wanted a different pattern than the original Laurel I had picked, so I had to frog everything I had (second time, now) and start completely over.  At least this one is easy cables, so hopefully I'll finish this weekend during dress rehearsal.
My lavender cardigan has entered an interesting point- I suppose I can call it the "monster-under-the-bed" look.

I didn't even notice it until I set it out to check out my progress.  It's coming along really well, and currently is in the completely mindless and boring easy part.  It's going faster than I thought, and I have high hopes that I'll finish it soon to wear to graduation parties in June.  Here's dreaming... right? ;)
Tomorrow I'm heading to Yarn Harbor to pick out some yarn for Kim's Wedding Shawl- I received the pattern in the mail a couple days ago, and I'm excited to start on this beast of a project.  I looked over it, and it seems mostly finicky and time-consuming.  Let's hope this isn't a really bad idea.  Sometimes I bite off waaaay more than I can chew...
I'm a little all over the place today, so I'll sign off for now...

No comments: