Wednesday, April 18, 2012

FO: Bamboo Birthday Hat

About a week ago, one of my good friends mentioned her birthday being in two weeks.  I quickly realized two things- 1) I've never knit her anything for any holidays, and 2) I have to keep better track of these things!  Thus I knit furiously for a few days and cranked out the Bamboo Birthday Hat!

Pattern: Magenta Cable Hat by Meg White, available free on Ravelry.
Yarn: 1 skein of Meriboo from Frog Tree Yarns- 70% Alpaca and 30% Bamboo
Needles: size eight on bamboo
Mods: None- I knit it exactly as written (weird!)
Worst Part: I was pretty skeptical of what it would look like once on, considering when you're not wearing it the cabled section pulls the whole hat in and it looks like this:

Luckily it all stretched out. :)
Best Part: I really like the rolled hem on the bottom- it's not completely clean (it's my first knitted-rolled hem) but I love the end result!  I originally wasn't a huge fan of the yarn, but it's so squishy and soft when wearing that I completely changed my mind!  It was nice knitting with it while my fingers are a bit raw from climbing. :)

I finished the decrease section last night, and I'm excited to give it to her when she comes over tonight for movie night!

No comments: