Friday, February 10, 2012

Stinker

After weeks of too-warm weather, the temperature finally dropped last night.  I got home from dance, and had a great night relaxing, snuggling kittens, watching the Colbert Report, knitting, and drinking green tea until it was time to burrow in to bed.  I fell asleep completely happy, listening to Maeby's little bell collar jingle outside the bedroom door.
I woke up early this morning, the sun not even poking through the frost-covered windowpanes yet.  I stumbled out of the bedroom, my only thought being "cooffeeee...", and it took me a second to realize what I had tripped over on the floor.
Turns out during the night, little Miss Maeby found her way into the bag holding some of my yarn stash, and managed to pull out the giant 665 yard skein of beautiful alpaca yarn I got last weekend.  It had made its way from a neatly rolled skein to this:

Apparently what they say about cats and yarn is true.  I underestimated my little girl.  She was happily in the middle of the mess, rolling around and running it between her toes.
What does one do in a situation like this?  My brain had not gotten past the concept of pushing the "on" button on my coffee machine, so this was a lot to take in this early in the morning.  I swore let out a sound of rage quickly untangled my kitten, migrated her to the couch and my poor mess of yarn to a bag high on a shelf, and consoled myself with a warm cup of irish coffee.

I'll need to be a lot more careful about where I put my yarn from now on.

No comments: