Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Imminant

It's been a really crazy weekend full of ups and downs. I got to see one of my old friends from high school get married in a truly beautiful ceremony at the Mill City Museum in Minneapolis,
have a great day relaxing with the girls before a bachelorette party that included lots of games, presents, and cookies shaped like penises, and an amazing show of Oklahoma! at the Bloomington Civic Theater, with my amazing lovely friend Larissa as one of the dancers. Though full, it was a lot of fun and did me good after working so much and family medical worries.
The fog was literally rolling in off the lake today, reflecting on my mood as the air filled with a damp chill and on and off rain. Despite the rain and the gloom, I managed to finish and block something I'm very excited about in my living room!
The Abrazo Shawl for my friend Aimee from Louisiana is finished and drying. I love how it looks, how it feels, and especially the colors. I'm really happy that I put the small purple beads on- they look so pretty surrounding the leaves!
Hopefully I'll be able to get out for a photo shoot soon with this- that means it'll have to dry up a little around here first. It'll be nice to see the sun again- even a little sun adds some cheer when things are gloomy.

No comments: