Friday, August 26, 2011

FO: Abrazo for a Cajun Bride

I'm very excited to check a special project off my to-do list- a wedding gift for a very special Cajun lady who is getting married in November!
Pattern: Abrazo Shawl by Susanna IC
Yarn: Ella Rae Lace Merino in colorway 3- or Rainforest Fern Green, as I like to call it. :)
Needles: Size 8, on circulars
Modifications: None!
Timeframe: I started this somewhere in South Dakota on my way out to Yosemite in early July, finished August 22nd (plenty of time for her wedding- weird!)
Worst Part: When one row would take half an hour to complete... or when I accidentally knocked a whole jar of beads all over the passenger side of the car... or when I got one yarn-over wrong and it took me over 200 stitches to figure it out...
Best Part: Loving this pattern so much that I was always excited to work on it, despite the bad stuff! I'm hoping the real best part will be being able to present it to Aimee if I can get down to Louisiana for her wedding in November!
This is one of those patterns that despite the fiddly-ness of the lace, it was a great experience to (finally) do well on a lace pattern (for once- remember the spring shawl? Ugh. I do). Even when I spent so long on each row, it didn't seem to matter because I was so psyched to see the final product. This gives me great hope for attempting another lace shawl project.
I still have a lot of gift knitting to go with birthdays and especially Christmas looming on the horizon, but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to make a fancy lace shawl for myself with this one as practice.

No comments: