Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blocking and a Turkey

Sorry about the long time lapses of silence- it's been crazy busy for me lately as I try to balance end-of-semester load with working. This weekend I was planning on working hard on my Victorian literature paper, so with family Easter tomorrow I packed up everything from Duluth....
and set up shop in the kitchen at my parent's house down in the Twin Cities! It's nice to be home for a bit, as it always is, though my Mom gets so excited for us to come home that she makes huge Minnesotan meals... for every meal. We just finished a stroganoff lunch- enough to keep me happy the whole day- and she informed us that we were having a big lasagna dinner, too. Uff da! So much food!
Last night I was really burnt out from the long week of staying up late working on papers and reading and writing assignments, so my Mom and I crashed on the couch when we got into town and watched "Chocolat", since it perfectly worked with Easter weekend. I was able to (finally!) get the time to finish my Brit Lit Vest! This morning it took a little bit of a bath...
And now it's lying in the porch, trying to catch some of the gloomy afternoon rays and dry out.
It's definitely got some bulk to it, but we'll see what it looks like once it's done blocking and has the buttons sewed on. Maybe I should have used a lighter weight yarn than the Cascade 220?
So even though it's the bunny holiday, we had a little bit of a surprise this morning when we looked out into our backyard...
we noticed a giant turkey lurking around! The best part about this is my parent's house is situated on an island with only two bridges to get over the channels, meaning that in order to get to my parent's house, this giant turkey had to at one point walk over a bridge, then walk up and down lots of hills in order to finally make its way to my parent's backyard. Ridiculous! My mom and brother and I got a kick out of it. :)
Back to the grind... now I only have one bigger project on the needles, and I need to get that finished before the summer comes. Maybe that'll be my May project... once school is done... and all these papers...

No comments: