Thursday, October 7, 2010

Possibilities

Fall is my favorite season by far- the changing colors, warmer in the day but chilly at night, layering of clothes and handwarmers and scarves, hot coffee cupped in chilly fingers. Duluth does a great show, too. I haven't been able to see the full extent because of a very busy school year, but I'm learning to look out the window on the bus at a street lined with yellows and reds and pumpkins.
Fall also means planning. As a crafter, I have to make my Christmas to-do list and start on it now in order to make sure I get everyone in. I've made up my mind about most of my friends and family members, but a recent addition to my craft library has thrown a lot of that in the loop.When I found out Amy Butler put out a new book on sewing handbags, I was hooked. I received an Amy Butler bag this summer made by a close friend, and it rarely leaves my side. Her patterns range from easy to intricate, and there's a few that caught my eye for a couple of people (I'm not going to say who, some read this blog!)- it's hard not to want everything she designs.My only problem is the time- sewing is a lot harder for me. Knitting can be thrown into a bag to take down to work or on the bus with me, while when sewing I have to be at home with the pins and sewing machine in front of me, not multitasking. After I get my first of two thesis papers in, I'm hoping that I can finish at least a couple of these bags for Christmas time, along with the rest of my Christmas knitting.
I've set lofty goals for myself for this year, but I think I can accomplish it! It helps that I'm psyched to work with such beautiful patterns.Off for a quick knitting session before writing. Perhaps knitting outside? Hmmm... Intriguing :)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Ooooh. I think I need to check out that book! And I finally bought some fabric at Hannah Johnson!