Sunday, October 17, 2010

Aww... Bugger

Things were going... okay, in getting the sparkle motion hat done.
The yarn was driving me crazy right from the get go, but I was pretending that everything was ok.
Then, right as I was doing the cable part of the hat, I set it down on the table and took a cold, hard look at it.
I didn't like it. It was sparkly to the point of hurting my eyes, you couldn't see the pattern at all, and the yarn was scratchy and itchy. I took a giant gulp of coffee, and started re-winding the ball.
I figured that I would instead use the yarn to make a bunch of K1P1 headbands for a few of my younger cousins, since the yarn was stretchy and if the headbands were in the hair it would probably be okay.
I got to the brim of the hat, and instead of putting it back on the needles to have one finished headband I decided to pull it all the way back and start over. I don't know why. That was a dumb move.
I put the rewound yarn back in the ziplock bag, then started to cast on. Instead of smoothly coming out, the yarn became a gigantic ball of muck.
I tried for about five minutes to untangle it, then decided it was stupid and fruitless.
It was time to throw in the towel.
Guess I need to think up something else for my cousin. Bleh.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Here's a book suggestion I found in an old article I'd saved titled "A nudge can open the door of destiny." The book is "Simplexity: Why Simple Things Become Complex (and How Complex Things Can Be Made Simple)" by Jeffrey Kluger. The article was about historical happenings that hinged on what you would have thought were insignificant events, until viewed in hindsight with the subsequent events they triggered.

Katie said...

Ooh... I'm going to check that one out...