Monday, September 27, 2010

Catching Up

It's been a flurry of catching up this last week to get back on track after my stint of unhealthy-ness, both physically and academically.
My first thesis paper is due in a couple of weeks, so I've been working with a professor to get the final drafts ready to go. Lesson planning has become a big part of my work load, as I'm teaching 2-4 classes a week now. Last week- Aristotle and his Poetics. This week, Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream and Othello for two different classes. Next week, Pirandello's Six Characters in Search of an Author and more dramatic theory texts. All of it fascinating, but the trick is weeding through the mass of information to find the key points I want the students to notice. Fun and challenging all at the same time.
I've slowly been adding physical activity to my list, first with short bouldering sessions at UMD to test my body before a session on the north shore. My first couple of warm up climbs did a good job of wearing me out quickly, but a great climb on Mack the Knife made me feel like I was finally back on track to getting better physically.
I finished a hat for my friend Pete last week, which was an exchange for professional photos he did of my trip to Ouray last year. He was so excited about knitted goods that he quickly agreed to help out with photography for my next few projects I'm finishing up!We had a photo shoot on a rainy evening a couple days ago with my Seneca sweater (which I'll post pics and logistics ASAP), and I'll be getting those pictures as well as ones of him in his hat sometime this week- I'm excited!
For now, more training to get back in climbing shape to send some big projects, and getting as much done this week as possible, since I have a big event coming up this weekend that I have to be ready for... :)

No comments: