Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beautiful Thoughts

Yesterday was a normal Saturday for me- get up at 5:30 am, be at the bookstore by 7, work till noon, run from there straight to work at VE until close, grab a quick drink at Sir Ben's with some friends, then off to the boy's for nachos and falling asleep to a movie.
Except...
Except that it was my last Saturday at B&N for awhile.
I'm officially down from 20-30 hours a week at the bookstore to four hours on Friday mornings!
This is due to my school schedule, with my class on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9 am and teaching Tuesday and Thursday at 10 am- it made morning shelving shifts impossible except for Fridays. I'll be teaching tap on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and still be clocking 30 hours or so at VE, but for my last year of my Masters I'll actually be at school, probably studying or researching or correcting papers in my office now.
This is going to be such a big change from last year, where I was barely able to concentrate on class with 50-60 hours of work between my two jobs. I'm excited to have time to study, research, maybe even breath a little bit. ;)
Next week is the week before school, and even though I'm spending a lot of time on campus to prepare for classes, I'm hoping also to get my apartment under control- cleaning out the craft area, getting some decorating, plus helping one person move out and another in. We have a very very large amount of crap floating around the apartment, and I'm excited to get rid of it.
Especially after looking at beautiful blogs like this one, with ideas that make me excited to have a little bit of time to create, hopefully both with decorating my apartment to feel like home as well as knitting and sewing (I have some pajama pants that are being very patient right now!).
I'll have to buckle my straps down since I'm making a lot less, but the sanity of mind will be worth it.

PS- Knitting and climbing update soon, promise. ;)

No comments: