Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tomorrow... 25 :)

Tomorrow is a day for me to relax, sit back, and realize that I am midway through my twenties.
Which feels very, very odd.
It's also my Golden Birthday, which is something more well known in the midwest- when the year you're turning matches the day you were born on (25 on the 25th of June).
I reflected a bit tonight and realized that when I was little, I thought that turning 25 would mean I was getting really old (mostly because when you're 12, 25 sounds crazy old) and would probably be already settled into what I'm going to be.
Well, I'm still working out the details, but I have to say overall I'm pretty happy with where life has taken me so far. A lot of the time it hasn't been easy, and I've had to work pretty hard to get where I am, but I'm safe, healthy, happy, and frankly I don't think I could ask for much more.
I have love from those around me I care about.
I have a goal I'm aspiring to.
I find something to laugh about every day.
And I find myself content with a good book, getting a hug from someone I care about, a cup of coffee, hearing the rain pour down outside, feeling strong and confident climbing up a beautiful rock, or knitting as snow covers the ground outside.
Turning 25 doesn't seem bad at all. I've still got a long way to go and a lot of kinks to work out, but the journey so far has been amazing.
I'm excited for what's coming up...
:)

No comments: