Sunday, May 30, 2010

Progress and Twins

I got to see a game in the new Twins Stadium, and I have to say I'm very impressed!
The stadium really feels like a big outdoor park, completely the opposite of the Metrodome with the inflatable roof. It was well laid out, classy, and had an old-school feel that I think help make the park. We saw the Minnesota Twins play the Texas Rangers, and after a slow start we won the game in an exciting last half! The only not-amazing part was the 90 degree weather- I don't work well in that kind of heat, and it really took it out of me. I have to admit, I pulled out a bit of knitting while the game was slow. I started making a scarf with the pretty Jitterbug yarn I got awhile ago, and I changed my mind again on the pattern, opting for a simple YO k2tog pattern instead. When I started I was worried the colors were going to pool on one side, but as it grew they moved across the middle to the other side, and now about 2 feet in they're zagging over to the first side. I think when I block it it'll look really cool.This morning I was able to have a cup of coffee and work on the Seneca sweater. I finished the second arm during slow times at work this past week, so this morning I finally connected all the bits together and began working on the yolk a little. It's going really well, and I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all done!
If the weather holds up, I'll be camping up by Palisade Head tonight before a full day of climbing tomorrow. On my tick list are working Mr. Lean (I'm going to do the finger crack crux over and over until I feel solid on it), and hopefully running up Gun Fight- a 5.11b that I haven't tried yet, but have heard a lot about. It's apparently a great crack climb, starting thin before widening out near the top with a slight overhang.
I finished Steph Davis's book, and it was fantastic. I'll write a more detailed post about it later, but it was incredible to read a memoir that was so close to my own life and perspective. I got a suggestion from a reader about another woman climber memoir (Thank You!!), and once I get my hands on a copy that'll be my next read.
Off to work on the Seneca a little more before my coffee gets cold. Have a good Sunday, everyone. :)

No comments: