Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No, Really...

Against all odds, it looks like Duluth is going to get spring right now- in Mid-March. Normally we have two snowstorms to get through in March, but for some odd (and perhaps slightly unnerving reason) they haven't happen, and it doesn't look like it's going to.
Now, I know that I've already been out rock climbing this season, but remember- I was winter camping the night before, and it got chilly fast out on the cliffs. I never expected winter to just say, "Well, I give up" just when it usually gets nice and exciting (No snow days this year even! Stupid...). I'm going home this weekend, and I'm trying to decide if I should bring my ski stuff home or not- I feel like if I do, I'll be cursing Duluth for a giant snowstorm which I won't even have gear for. Hmmm...
I've been biking more and more as the weather gets nicer, especially this week since I don't have to get over to school up the hill. It's a nice start to get ready for the Brewhouse Triathlon (even though that's not 'till August), because I have high hopes that our team will get 1st this year. Which means I'm going to actually have to train this time- and somehow find a road bike to train on. Details. :)In other news, working at the climbing gym practically non-stop has helped me to get a lot of the embroidery done for the Coast Guard hat, so hopefully I'll finish that up this week in order to concentrate on other things. I have a fair amount of homework/paper writing/researching yet to do for classes, but with the weather this nice out it's hard to stay inside and concentrate.
Speaking of, I believe I'm going to have a leisurely bike down to Canal Park before work to sit outside with a cup of coffee and Uncle Tom's Cabin while the sun is still high and shining. Weather like this makes me yearn for summer, even though it's still months away...

No comments: