Saturday, March 20, 2010

Inheritance

It looks a lot like spring down at my parent's house in the cities.It's funny how when I'm down here, I feel a little bit more like I'm on a break. Mostly because I'm not running to work, or stressing out about homework or anything like that. Most of the time I'm here I knit, play board games, read, or hang out. Very low key. Even when I pull out the homework to do for a bit, it feels less rushed and more enjoyable.
This time was a little more noteworthy, because my Mom has some things from my Grandparent's house for me that I get since my Grandpa died last fall.I inherited not only my Grandma's entire knitting needle stash and a cookie jar I remember from childhood, but something I didn't even know that she had- a pink typewriter. A pink typewriter in perfect working condition. Possibly one of the coolest typewriters I've ever seen, and it's not even something found at an antique sale- this was my Grandma's that she used to type letters, probably to my Grandpa overseas in the war. I absolutely love it, as well as the family history associated with it.
Since I've had some time to relax, I also had time to finish the embroidery on the Coast Guard hat (modeled by my brother, Kyle). You can't really see the blue line of embroidery on top of the white line, but it's there. :) The hat is basically done- it just needs a fleece liner for blocking out the wind. I'll be working on the Dale sleeve the rest of the time down here, as well as on the car ride back to Duluth tomorrow. Tomorrow night I'll be finishing the hat.
It's nice to get genuine time to unwind- I think I needed it. :)

No comments: