Saturday, January 16, 2010

Close, but No

I had almost a full skein leftover awhile ago from a hat I made for a friend. The skein was in a very very bright pink, varigated, and would be perfect for my friend Molly, so I tried to knit her up an Amanda Hat with the yarn. The skein fell just short of what I needed- I only have to close the top of the hat- so close! I figured I could try and finish the top with some regular pink yarn, but after an inch or so of closing the top, I don't like it at all. It doesn't match the hat in a way that's pleasing, and I don't want to send her something that I'm not happy with. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to do a little hunting for this yarn to get the right colors, because what it has just doesn't look right. Time for a scavenger hunt...In the meantime, I'm working on a project that I've been meaning to start for awhile, and since I have a couple of days before school starts, between jobs I'm doing a little painting/mixed media art for my wall. We'll see how this turns out.
Duluth was ridiculously warm today- it got almost to 40 degrees! I went out ice climbing this morning to Casket Quarry, our local ice area, and spent the morning and early afternoon getting thoroughly soaked by the dripping icicles. We had to quit after lunch because it got so warm the ice started to just fall off the wall, which isn't great when you're trying to either climb up it or belay under it.
Tomorrow is supposed to be just as warm, so maybe a walk outside down to Canal Park is in order on my way to work before it finally cools down on Monday- my last day before spring semester starts, so of course I'm going skiing!
Stay cool, everyone. :)

No comments: