Monday, August 24, 2009

Crazy Weekend

My head is spinning from all the back and forth and up and down and driving and eating and up early and everything else that transpired this weekend.
For one, I have a new roommate.
His name is Evan, and after living on Steve and Cheryl's couch for awhile he took Juliet's room since she's not using it. He'll be living with me for at least through Christmas- maybe longer- and I've seen him maybe ten minutes so far, tops, between him and I running in and out.
I lost two roommates.
John and Courtney had been sharing Teresa's room, and they moved all of their stuff out on Friday (including the wireless internet/internet in general, which is why I'm writing this from Caribou). They were good roommates while they were here, and I'll miss the company, because they were home a lot more than I know Evan will be home.
I was able to scoot down to the cities to see my old roommate Larissa in the musical "Thoroughly Modern Millie", put on by the Bloomington Civic Theater. It was a fantastic show (though I'm a bit biased since it's one of my absolute favorite musicals), with great costumes, dancing, singing, and fun that made me miss being onstage.
I was able to hang out with my parents for a little bit on Saturday before going to a joint Grad party for two of my cousins, both graduating college. Lost two games of botchi-ball in the process, met my new 3-week old cousin Lacey, and ate too many mini-cheesecakes resulting in a cheesecake coma for most of the evening (probably the only good type of coma).
Got up early to cheer on a Triathlete before running back to Duluth for a surprise birthday party for a climbing buddy yesterday, and then I'm slowly but surely starting to move into Teresa's old room. I have my blaze blue bookshelf in there now probably half filled with books, and a minimal amount of stuff in the closet. Teresa still has a dresser, a big queen mattress on the floor, and piles of books in the closet, so I won't be able to actually move into the room until all of that is gone. I'm hoping she can move it out quickly and I can get settled before school starts, but I'm a little doubtful about that.
It was nice to relax a little bit today- after sleeping in and getting a slow start, I got to go to ballet for the first time in awhile, and I'll be heading to the studio for swing dancing fairly quickly. Walking home tonight is going to be interesting, as there's a definite chill in the air that wasn't present before. Makes it feel like fall is really coming. I start school in a little over a week, and that in itself feels very unreal.
I'll end this particular scatterbrained entry for now, and hopefully I'll be posting some pictures of recent projects I've been working on soon.
For now I'm going to relax a little, drink my yummy white chocolate mocha, and enjoy some swing dancing with friends. Because I haven't had enough fun and relaxing lately.
Coffee, probably enough. The latter, no. :)

No comments: