Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stuck

I'm recovering nicely from my plight on my bike- mostly just covered in bruises and abrasions, and my knee is slowly getting better. I've been working like crazy the last few days- working, but also knitting a little too. I got the entire leg part done of the first Inside Out sock, and I've unfortunately hit a snag.
I got really confused on the pattern, and now I'm not sure what to do because the next supposed line goes against what the entire sock has done so far. The way it's written could be taken a couple of different ways, and I'm pretty sure I took it the wrong way, which means backtracking and trying to figure out the stupid pattern. Why do I always get so stuck on socks? At least this one is going faster than the other. I think a trip to Yarn Harbor is in order to get Cheryl's help on this stupid thing- it may be the only way to keep the pattern right. I'm starting to re-do my room and bits of the apartment, and I have a lot of ideas that I'm excited to work on. I took down the broken Christmas lights from around my window, as well as the tape around the wood on the window from sealing it for the winter. I then painted the wood around the mirror over my desk so it doesn't look so cheap. Next to paint is the bookcase next to my desk- I'm thinking a deep purple. I took out the giant bin of yarn and put in a shelf with little bins so I could have a place to put my printer on top. I also put about a third of my yarn in a bag to donate to our local charity- F.L.O.C.K. (a lot of stuff that I don't use or have never used). I have an entire list of things to change, fix, improve... I'll keep you updated. It'll be nice to have a few days off to get some stuff done, though.
I have some things in the sewing machine I'm excited to share... :)

No comments: