Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mail? For Moi?

I got the first half of my Roald Dahl swap package in the mail yesterday- huzzah! Pretty exciting stuff, as I've been waiting for this for awhile. I say 'half' because apparently the big knitted item that my partner was making for me met a sad and watery end when accidently thrown into the washing machine (by her boyfriend, which is completely understandable), so later on another package will be gracing my doorstep (which I'm okay with, because I LOVE mail!).
Many goodies bursting everywhere:Lots of Wonka candy goodness, cocoa mix in a few flavors (for visits to Miss Honey's cottage), a copy of Roald Dahl's Esio Trot (a lesser-known compared to his others, but one of my favorites!), and some growing sea creatures (Miss Trunchbull may find more than a newt in her next glass of water!). Also, in the spirit of Esio Trot, she included some amazing little turtle stitch markers she made herself, which are possibly some of my favorite stitch markers I have now.Of course wool was to be had, in the shape of two skeins of Frog Tree Meriboo- a combination of Merino wool and Bamboo, basically soft and delicious in a scrumdidlyumptious blue. I'll have to make plans for that one...
I finally had time to organize and clean around here, as well as make for myself a little craft table for my sewing stuff. It's sitting in our living room, at the corner window overlooking Lake Superior. After all, if I'm going to have a craft area, why not have an incredible view to look at for inspiration?

No comments: