Sunday, June 14, 2009

'Evening

We finally got internet Saturday morning, but due to work I've only just been able to really get on it tonight. I never enjoy when work takes more time that I want it to, but rent and bills must be paid, so unfortunately it has to go forth.
It would be nice to be able to spend more time doing this:This is from climbing up the north shore on Palisade Head- this route is called Urge to Mate, an incredible 5.10c hand crack all the way up to a top crux. I love crack climbing with every bit of me, and this one was a beautiful one. I've added a few more lines to my rep at Palisade, including possibly my favorite climb up the shore so far- a gorgeous straight hand crack called Phantom Crack. No pics on that one, we were all too busy enjoying a good climb.
I'm hoping the weather will hold out a bit later this week and I can get some outside bouldering in after some morning shelving shifts, but it's not looking promising. I may have to stay inside and work on my knitting- that blasted Dale sweater is moaning and whining over in the corner, and every time it thinks I'm looking at it it starts to whine louder. It's getting annoying but the only way to stop it is to actually work on it. Blast.
I went and saw Disney/Pixar's Up yesterday in 3-D. It was really cute, with some fantastic fun scenes and great graphics. It isn't my favorite Pixar movie, but they still did a really good job. The 3-D was cool, but I'm not sure you absolutely need it.
Off to get some dinner for my stomach. The nice thing about never having time to grocery shop is that picking what I want to eat is simple- I have a choice between pasta, pasta, and dry cereal. It keeps things simple. :)
Knitting update later...

No comments: