Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Check this out...

I don't know how often I've harped on here about Cormac McCarthy's The Road, but I've pushed it on as many people as I could since I read it. It's an incredible story written very simply in McCarthy's trademark style, and guess what-
The trailer for the movie has finally come out!
It looks pretty wicked and a little scary, and hopefully it puts up at least a good fight to be as good as the book. As always, I'm curious how they're going to do certain poignant scenes in the book, but that'll have to wait until October.
If that wasn't enough, another of my recent favorite books was made into a movie as well- Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveler's Wife was a fantastic story, and after a lot of delays in filming was finally put to the screen. Check out the trailer for it- it's got one of my favorite actresses, Rachel McAdams as the key role!
Granted, I'll be the first to say that the movie is never as good as the book, but with two amazing ones coming out, at least one of them has to be good... right?
Ballet tonight with the hard teacher. My legs are going to be unhappy later. But as it's the only exercise I'm really getting today, I can't complain too much, right?
At least I have time for one more cup of coffee before biking down to the studio. Mmmmm, coffee... :)

No comments: